Taking your business online is the boldest decision you will ever make. This is because the act of pivoting an existing business model is not for faint hearts. It requires a robust understanding of the process and also the platform you are moving your business to, especially if it’s a retail business.
But before you make a decision, do you even need to start selling online? And if yes, why should you go for eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Amazon, BigCommerce, and others? We answer these and many other questions in this post so stick with us to the very end! Let’s get started!
Why it is important to sell online?
Given how the eCommerce industry is expanding, business owners have nothing to lose by selling online. We are talking of a 23% Year-on-Year growth rate here! It makes sense to sell online given how advantageous the prospect is. Here are the benefits of running an eCommerce store in 2020:
- Your store is open 24/7. Shoppers can purchase products at any time which makes your brand more accessible. Plus you can use the omnichannel approach to use other platforms to make an online sale.
- You can go global with your store and sell products in the international market i.e. expand your customer base without having to do much. It also allows widening your existing inventory and sell stuff that makes the most sale.
- Get interesting insights into your target audience and optimize your site accordingly. This can help you enhance the user experience by providing highly personalized product recommendations.
- Other benefits are lower overhead costs, scalability, increased marketing opportunities, and more.
Advantages of Using eCommerce Platforms Like Shopify and Amazon
There are many eCommerce platforms that you can choose from when you are building your eCommerce store. Some of the most common eCommerce platforms are:
The advantages of using these platforms are
- Top-Notch Customer Service
Customer support is a huge factor that determines the effectiveness of a platform. Customer service on these platforms is superb and the best thing is that the service extends to your customers as well. Your store will be well-supported and any critical issue will be solved promptly.
- Easy Store Management
These eCommerce platforms come with a dashboard that makes it ridiculously easy to manage the store. You will not have to spend much time to make changes and solve any critical issues hampering the store’s performance. The platforms are user-friendly not just for you but also for your customers, as the customers can manage their accounts as well.
- Convenient for Customers
These eCommerce platforms are well-developed and are data-driven. In other words, you will have access to insights that will help you design a store to enhance the user experience. The more convenient you make the store for your customers, the higher are the chances of them converting.
- Significantly Low Downtime
Your store will be subject to rare downtime. Meaning, your store will be functioning at its maximum performance all the time. There will be fewer errors and absolutely no glitches in a buyer’s purchasing process. When you don’t have performance issues on your site, you can focus on making your store or online business more efficient.
- Makes Online Transactions Secure
Security is a critical issue that all eCommerce platforms take very seriously. Security on these sites is of prime importance since customers are going to input their details. The platforms have installed multi-layered security systems to ensure there’s no breach of security.
It is the best time to take the plunge into the world of eCommerce. The recent coronavirus pandemic has made consumers rely heavily on eCommerce stores which is why brands are considering making an online transition. Why do you want to transition online? Let us know in the comments section!